Keeping ammonia under control.
All day, everyday.
Urea Cycle Disorders (UCDs) are rare, serious and life-threatening disorders comprising a group of inherited deficiencies of one of the enzymes or transporters involved in the urea cycle, which converts ammonia to urea.1
RAVICTI® (glycerol phenylbutyrate) is a treatment used to treat patients of all ages with UCDs. The medicine is used to reduce the amount of ammonia in the blood in order to reduce the risk of neurological consequences.2
RAVICTI allows for slow release into the circulation, reduces the number of hyperammonaemic crises and has been shown to provide sustained ammonia control in both short term (2 weeks) and long-term (12 months) in prospective studies.2-3
Urea Cycle Disorders
Dosing guide RAVICTI
Administration of RAVICTI
- indicated for use as adjunctive therapy for chronic management of patients with urea cycle disorders (UCDs)2
- approved for all ages, including from newborn2
- designed to enable slow release of phenylbutyrate into the circulation2
- the only UCD treatment that has been shown to provide sustained ammonia control in both short term (2 weeks) and long-term (12 months) in prospective studies2
- sodium and sugar free2
- designed to facilitate easy administration and adherence to treatment
- nearly tasteless and odourless oral liquid4
- convenient low volume dosing 3* times daily2
1. Summar M, Tuchman M. J Pediatr. 2001;138(1 Suppl):6–10
2. Summary of Product Characteristics RAVICTI.
3. Kent JD and Holt RJ, Neuropsychiatry 2016; 7(1), 578–583.
4. Diaz GA, et al. Hepatology. 2013;57:2171–2179.
* Depending on patients feeding schedule (dose should be divided into equal amounts and given with each meal or feeding, e.g. 3-6 times per day).